South African Inspired Cuisine
A Local Sports Pub & Braai
in Downtown Charlottesville Virginia
My childhood experiences living in Zimbabwe as a young boy led to the opening of The Shebeen Pub & Braai, a culinary interpretation of an enchanted South African childhood. I truly hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
We’ve missed you guys, and we’re excited to re-open our veranda and patio starting May 21st . Our outdoor hours of operation will be Sunday-Thursday 12-8pm and Friday and Saturday 12-9pm for limited use.
Below is a list of the precautions we’re taking to ensure the safety of our customers and staff during Phase 1.
1. Outdoor seating only. Our veranda and patio will be open for 30 total seats for outdoor dining only. We will continue doing curbside pickup 7 days a week.
2. We’ve spread out our patio tables to maintain 6ft of distance between parties. Please do not rearrange the tables or chairs. No customers will be allowed to walk up to the bar, all orders must be placed at our socially distanced tables. Single use menus will be provided to each customer.
3. We will serve food and beverages on single use parchment paper and eco-friendly single use utensils and wares that will be disposed after use.
4. All guests will be asked to use our sanitizing station at the entrance of the patio.
5. We will have extra staff responsible for sanitizing all high touch surfaces regularly, including tables and chairs after each group leaves, bar surfaces, and restrooms. All staff will be wearing face coverings and will sanitize after each transaction at the bar.
6. Only one guest at a time will be allowed to enter the establishment to use the restroom.
Thanks in advance for your help in following the above protocol to help keep everyone safe while enjoying some delicious food and beverages at The Shebeen.
Host your next event at The Shebeen in either our private dining room or cover patio, complete with a swing bar! Or have our sister company, The Catering Outfit, take care of your off-site catering needs.